Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ADAVIC Receives Grant From LMCF


The Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation announced on Neil Mitchell's 3AW Morning program on Monday that ADAVIC was the first charity to receive a $5000 grant as part of their Winter Days Of Giving campaign.

The LMCH said they had received many nominations for ADAVIC, but a particular entry from 12 year old Rhiannon Anderson-Reed was particularly helpful in finalising their decision:

I'm 12 years old and suffer panic disorder. ADAVIC helped me by allowing my story be told in their newsletter. ADAVIC hold lectures that my mum attended which helped me with bullying techniques. ADAVIC needs this money so they can help more kids just like me.


As part of the announcement that ADAVIC was the first recipient of the campaign, Rhiannon was interviewed by Neil Mitchell on his program. They spoke briefly about her anxiety experience and about ADAVIC. Rhiannon also read a poem on the air about her panic attacks

ADAVIC would like to thank everyone who nominated us for the grant, which will allow us to continue to assist people living with the anxiety disorders in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment