Sunday, October 10, 2010

ADAVIC Message Board!!!



Tyson one of ADAVIC volunteers posted the following post on our message board to get an idea as to why people are using it—

Hey everyone,
Being on the forum for a little while now has got me thinking about how many people out there have got some good advice or any piece of information that has helped them in anyway. I know plenty of people have posted up stories or advice, so this is a chance for everyone who has been helped to post in and tell us how this online forum has made your life that much easier. I know I wont be the only person who will be happy to know this forum is doing some good for people out there.
Thanks to all who would like to share :)
Tyson

What a good idea for a post Tyson.
I have used this forum to vent many different frustrations but I have probably found it most useful for relating to and venting about uni related issues. I think it's because I don't have many friends at all who go to uni so they don't quite understand what it is like.
Looking at it from a different point of view, I have also really enjoyed using this forum to get a better understanding of how other people deal with their own issues and concerns and what advice they find to be useful. Sometimes I like to read the advice people have offered for another persons issueand use it myself.
Amanda

I've had such bad days in the past that the only thing that has kept me going has been the positive support I've had on this forum. It's great to have somewhere to come where you know you won't be judged and a place where people really care.
Sometimes it just helps to have somewhere to get stuff out..........
Thanks everyone
Lee

I don’t use the forum as much as I used to as I don’t need to anymore; however, I can say this forum has had several benefits for me and I believe for others suffering from anxiety and depression. Why? Many of us are afraid to talk or discuss our anxiety and/or depression with our friends or family, so coming to a forum like this where we can share our feelings and thoughts without feeling we are being judged or ridiculed. There are also many opportunities to share personal stories and learn new insights. Thanks for this forum ADAVIC.
Jen

That is very good to hear, I know that the forum is a great way to open up and say some things that you might not do in a face to face situation, so it’s good that everyone gets their information out there and helps someone in need. Thanks heaps for your posts, id love to hear some more.
Tyson

Can I get a woop woop??
for ADAVIC :)
If it wasn't for all the people at ADAVIC, all you lovely ladies on a Thursday, I think that my depression and PTSD from the bushfires would have consumed me. I cant thank them enough.
Amie

Great Idea Tyson,
ADAVIC is fantastic I have found a lot of info on here that has helped me and just reading all the posts helps to know you’re not alone and that there are people out there that are in the same boat as you and going through different stages of anxiety.
Just being part of this amazing forum has helped me.... along with all the friendly members; everyone is going through stuff and a willing to help others
Thanks everyone and ADAVIC
Molly

Should you wish to be part of our community online join our forum—it is free and only takes a few minutes to register.
The direct link is: http://forum.adavic.org.au/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment