Saturday, March 13, 2010

Relight the Fire - Poem by Nicci Wall

Relight the Fire

I am taking the time to think about, what is right for me,
Instead of bowing to the unreachable expectations, of my family.
Important decisions about my life, are my own to make,
Give me credit for knowing, their consequences are also mine to take.
With every step in a new direction, an element of risk will be there,
I have never been one to do things on a whim, or without a reasonable amount of care.
My responsibilities and commitments, I most definitely do not take lightly,
And I no longer endure the type of behaviour, I deem as unsightly.
I am insisting on a better life, I will not accept the conditions placed on the one I had,
And for the chance to start anew, I know I will always be glad.
I believe the new road I have chosen, to travel with my kin,
Will hold all the positive aspects, to relight the fire within.

By Nicci Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment